My Playlist

Thursday 11 November 2010

Target Audience Profile



I set out my Publication Plan under three categories; Genre, Purpose & Intention and Target Audience.
Uner these three headings I noted what I wanted my magazine to aim toward acheiveing in each one.

Genre:
- Cross genre magazine
- U.K Grime
+Tinie Tempah
+Griminal
+Giggs
+Skepta
+Wiley
+Tempa T
- R&B
+Rihanna
- Bashment
+Katy B
+Magnetic Man

Purpose & Intention
- Focus on Personal Identity and Surveilance from uses and gratifications theory
- Information on upcoming events
- Reviews on new albums 
+Loud (Rihanna)
+Disc-Overy (Tinie Tempah)
- Gig Dates 
+Drake (7th and 8th January 2011)
+Simply Sick (March 2011, dates to be announced)

Target Audience:
-Young, supportive of new answers
-Big fans of new, local artists
-Ravers, Party-Go-ers
-Facebook users
-Interest in new fashion
-Multicultural

After later evaluating the genre of the group for my feature article - and deciding what was realistic for me to produce for my magazine. I have changed the music genre of my magazine to just 'UK Grime', which combines with the name of my magazine, 'Grime Time'.

On all three of these idea's which I will base my magazine upon, I have constructed this mood board on photoshop;
I did this by researching images relevant to my three area's of planning, such as the facebook logo and true religion jeans. I then saved them to the desktop of my computer. From here, I opened them up in a new window in photoshop and dragged the image over. As I was using an Apple Mac computer when making my mood board, I then pressed (cmd+t) on the keyboard and enlarged the images so that they could be visible.




This image show the audience of whom I intend to aim my magazine at. My maghazine is aimed at young people, who show an interest in fashion, comedy, technology, social networks and raves. I have no set race for my magazine as I think the music genre's will appeal to all races and there is no set race who show a particular interest in these genre's of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment