My Playlist

Tuesday 7 December 2010

First Draft of Cover, Contents and Feature Pages


 For my front cover, I have used the simple colours of Red,Black and grey and have used a 'hidden' picture of YMC Money as my main image, as he is unveiled in his interview, the main image. Also, I have listed what other artist's will be featured in this issue as well as metion that there is an exclusive competition to Grime Time Magazine in this, the first issue. It also tells the reader that there will be reviews on new albums and tells them that there are poster's and MOBO exclusives to this edition only.



In the contents page, I have given my reader's more of a hint on what is inside with a small line explaining each feature. Also, I have made the main text in Red, like the front cover did, showing consistancy and making it clear that this is all a part of Grime Time rather than being from a random different magazine. It also clearly shows the page numbers and keeps the same colour for all of the pages, making the layout of the page clear and easy to work out for my reader's. I have also made the picture's stand out, by outting a clear red border around the picture of Louise in the studio, this both relates to the music's colour scheme and the colour related to Virgin records as their logo is also red, so it is a colour that I had thought about with the representation before adding it as a border. I have also again lassoed the main image, showing that I both have technical skill, but also that the magazine is not an amatuer one and takes the genre seriously to my audience.
Lasso tool on Photoshop
This small tool allows me to draw around an image and delete the excess that I donlt want, creating an image, like my main images both on my front cover and my contents page.

My fature again followws the colour schemeing of Grime Time, with the rad and black. This keeps the magazine consistant and clear to what magazine it is for. I have also added effects to my main feature, as I have lettered the beginning's to the two different parts of my feature in a bold red letter and at the beginning of my feature, I have enlarged the size of the 'S' to show the importance and where the beginning to this article is, again making it clear to my readers. Finally, I have also added affects such as putting shaddow's on the title's to my two pages as well as butting a shaddow on the main image and putting both a shaaddow and a slight reflection on the two images on the second page.

No comments:

Post a Comment